This policy is provided and only applies for this website, and not for other sites, which can be accessed by the user through links on the site. Mirvana.bio is not responsible for these sites, nor for the procedures they apply to respect data confidentiality, therefore, Mirvana.bio would recommend to read the privacy policies of all parties you come into contact with, before disclosing any personal information.
The website is controlled and managed by the Data Controller, International Food Srl, with registered office in Via Canonica 1009 – 47822 Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN) – Italy – VAT No.: 04278510401 – Tel. 0541627276 – 0541627160 – Fax: 0541627273 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org (hereafter “Mirvana.bio”, or “Data Controller” which is the “Website manager”).
WHAT ARE COOKIES
A “cookie” is a small text file installed by certain websites on your computer in the moment you access a particular site or use certain services offered by said site. The purpose is to store and transmit information. Cookies are sent from a web server (which is the computer running the site you are visiting) to your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and stored on your device. For more information, and to find out more about cookies in general, you can visit the page www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHAT THEY ARE USED FOR
In general, cookies can be used for a number of reasons, for example to monitor how visitors use the site, to improve page navigation, to allow you to set personal preferences on the sites you are visiting, to protect your security, to provide ads based on your interests.
TYPE OF COOKIES AND PURPOSES
In general, according to common terminology, cookies can have different characteristics that allow them to be classified according to:
- permanence on the user’s device: in this case we can talk about session/temporary cookies or persistent cookies;
- origin: in this case we can talk about first-party cookies (sent to your browser directly from the site you are visiting) or third-party cookies (sent to your browser from other sites and not the one you are visiting);
- purpose: in this case, also according to the provisions of the Italian Data Protection Authority, we can talk about technical cookies or identifying and profiling analytical cookies.
According to this classification, the same cookie could also have all these characteristics together, being, for example, a persistent cookie, originating from a third party and with profiling purposes.
TIME OF PERMANENCE
Session/temporary cookies: these are not stored persistently but only limited to the duration of the browsing session. This means that they are automatically deleted from the user’s device, once the user has left the website and closed the browser.
Persistent cookies: these are stored on the user’s device until they are deleted by the user or until they reach their expiry date if pre-set. This means that they are not automatically deleted from the user’s device, once the user has left the website.
First-party cookies: these are cookies issued by the website visited at the time; the website is the one corresponding to the address entered by the user (the website displayed in the URL window). Third-party cookies: these are cookies issued by a website other than the one visited by the user.
Technical cookies: these cookies are essential in order to navigate the site and use specific functionalities. They can be classified in:
- Navigation/communication/performance cookies: they ensure normal navigation and use of the website (i.e. allowing you to make a purchase or authenticate yourself to access reserved areas); if these cookies are blocked, the website may no longer function properly.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies (functionality/preferences/localization/session status): they allow you to store information that changes the behavior or the appearance of the site (preferred language, text and font size, geographical area you are in). If they are blocked, the browsing experience will be slightly less functional but not compromised. These cookies allow the site to memorize the choices you make (such as language preference, what content you are interested in, etc.) and to provide the personalized features you select, in order to improve your browsing experience. In some cases, these cookies may also be used to provide online services (i.e. the provision of a live chat service) or to prevent offering services that you have refused in the past.
Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to enable web services to collect information relating to user’s access, for example, the number of visitors, the permanence in the site and which parts of the site they visit. They could be first or third party cookies.
- Statistical/analytics third-party cookies without identification purposes (with IP masking and no cross-referencing with other data held by the third party): these cookies can be assimilated, according to the current legislation, to technical cookies, as they meet the following conditions: adoption of measures that reduce the identifying power of the cookies by masking portions of the IP; the third party refers to the commitment to use these cookies exclusively for the provision of the service, and to store them separately and not to “enrich” them or “cross-reference” them with other available information.
- Third-party statistical/analytics cookies with identification purposes: these are cookies used to collect information and generate website usage statistics, to understand how visitors interact with the site. These cookies are considered to have high identification value when are not in place, at the same time, the following conditions: (i) no features are implemented to reduce the identifying power of the cookies (i.e. by masking significant portions of the IP); (ii) the third party cross-references the information contained in the cookies with other information already in its possession.
WHAT COOKIES WE USE AND HOW TO MANAGE OR DELETE COOKIES
Browsing and session cookies
Browsing and session cookies ensure the normal navigation and use of the website (i.e. allowing content to be displayed on the device by recognizing the language of the country from which the user is connecting, or making purchases via e-commerce systems). Browsing cookies are technical cookies, therefore, they are necessary for the operation of the site and to improve quality and experience.
This site uses Google Analytics to collect and process statistical information on how users navigate the site using their computer or mobile applications, the number of pages visited or the number of clicks made on a page while browsing a site. The information generated regarding our website is used by our company to report on the use of the website in order to improve its usability, functionality, interface and communication. Our website processes the results of these analyses anonymously and solely for statistical purposes.